Advanced Technology Systems Company (ATSC) is significantly expanding its footprint in the areas of acquisition Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), and Command, Control, Communication, Computers and Intelligence (C4I). The ILS business areas are in Naval ships and FMS air and land systems. The C4I product line aims at both military and commercial customers, domestic and global.
The Proposal Writer is responsible for the development of compelling proposals and other documents that address the particular needs of Federal agencies and Commercial proposal concert with the Contracts Manager and Program Team. The Proposal Writer will research, write, and format proposals, white papers and other supporting technical documentation for internal and external distribution. Prepares recommendations by determining concept; gathering and formatting information; writing drafts; obtaining approvals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engages throughout the entire proposal life cycle to create compelling and persuasive proposal content (Management, Technical and Executive Summaries) aligning customer needs, solution and business value proposition.
- Reviews project requirements in the source document, e.g., the Quote Request (QR), Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), etc. Analyzes the requirements and obtains any necessary clarifications
- Develops the Proposal Plan to ensure on time delivery; identifies potential issues and recommends resolutions/mitigations to management. Ensures the delivery of a proposal that is responsive, compliant with solicitation requirements, is high quality and delivered on time
- Coordinates all project milestones and reviews as defined. Examples include project kickoff meetings, plan draft reports, and final approval
- Reviews source data and prepares written materials necessary for proposal development
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and practices involved in proposal development
- Identifies graphics requirements and ensures their timely preparation to support documentation/proposal delivery schedule
- Reviews, edits and assists in the development of documents as assigned
- Assumes project lead responsibilities, as assigned
- Maintains appropriate interface with personnel to ensure timely receipt of source material and to identify any current or anticipated problems that could have a detrimental effect on document quality or delivery
- Keeps department manager informed of status of work in progress as well as any circumstances that could negatively impact document quality or on-time delivery
- Helps with developing and implementing new work solutions
- Sharing best practices in proposal management gleaned from experience or education through courses, seminars, are available published expert resources with other team members
Required Skills & Qualifications:
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be a U.S. Citizens
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Journalism, English (with post-degree experience in a technical field), Law, Engineering, or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered
- Must have a minimum of five years of writing and editing experience in a U.S. Federal government contracting environment. Must have prior experience working in compliance with Federal government procurement regulations. Must have a keen mind for requirements analysis and solution definition, and knowledge of a technical business environment
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills. Responsible for ensuring that each assigned proposal is well written, persuasive, and compliant with the Quote Request or RFP requirements, and that it effectively incorporates defined conventions, corporate strategy and themes
- Must have solid and appropriate communication skills for internal Executive level presentations. Must have excellent organizational and prioritization skills to manage multiple tasks and concurrent projects simultaneously while meeting company commitments including deadlines, quality goals, budget requirements, and customer expectations, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience in proposal or technical writing
- Experience developing technical content through interviewing or hands-on learning
- Must have demonstrated problem solving skills and persistence. Must be able to work extended hours, when required
- Must have good analytical skills allowing for thorough consideration of all aspects associated with opportunity management. Must pay attention to details.
- Must have excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite, Project, SharePoint, Content Management, etc.)
- Must be a fast learner who maintains strong focus on and implements the corporate win strategy throughout the proposal process
- Must be able to translate complicated ideas into language easily understood by others
- Must be able to handle and use constructive feedback in order to make needed changes to documents and proposals
- Must be able to develop good working relationships with people in the proposal writing department and other departments
- Must be a self-starter able to work both independently and as a team player with a diverse population.
- Must be able to coach and mentor others.
- Experience using Content Management systems
- Expert level skills in presenting content via word processing (e.g., MS Word) or page layout (e.g., Adobe InDesign) tools
ATSC is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer