Advanced Technology Systems Company (ATSC) is greatly expanding its footprint in the areas of acquisition Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), and Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR). The C4I business areas are in Naval ships and FMS air and land systems. The C4I product line aims at both military and commercial customers, domestic and global.
ATSC has an open position for a Vice President, Programs with experience directing, supervising, and governing corporate projects. The VP, Programs reviews proposals to determine costs, timeline, funding, staffing requirements, and goals. Oversees the work of project managers and their project teams. Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consult with management and review approved projects to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of resources.
- Review and approve project plans, specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Ensure adherence to technical scope and objectives of projects.
- Ensure adherence to scheduled project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Resolve conflicts in assigned duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of global project management personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel, and oversee the modification of schedules and plans as required.
- Prepare program status reports, and keep management, clients and others informed of program status and related issues.
- Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 7+ years of experience planning, directing and coordinating activities pertaining to technology and business-unit projects at the highest level for multiple projects in defense contracting.
- Extensive experience managing P&L for multiple projects simultaneously
- Existing or ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- PMP desired